These scrummy Peanut Butter and Date Breakfast Bars are perfect for the quick breakfast grab or even just for an energy boost. They are kept in the freezer so you don’t have to eat them immediately and to make it better they are gluten free and refined sugar free, so you can even enjoy them with zero guilt!
180g Jumbo Oats
40g Chia Seeds
20g Brown Linseeds
50g Unsalted Peanuts
1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
7 Medjool Dates
130g Peanut Butter (or any nut butter!)
- Make sure your dates have their stones removed then place in a dish and cover with boiling water for 30 minutes
- Remove the dates and blend with 5 tablespoons of the date water until you have a thick paste
- Add the peanut butter, vanilla extract and date paste into a pan then heat gently until all the ingredients are fully combined
- Then in a bowl mix the oats, chia seeds, brown linseeds, peanuts and datey peanut paste until ingredients are evenly distributed
- At this point you have two options:
- For balls:
- Roll a spoon of mixture in your hands (it will be sticky so lightly oil your hands with coconut oil), place on a sheet of parchment paper and continue until all the mixture is used up
- Cover with clingfilm and place in the freezer until you get the urge!
- For bars:
- Line a shallow tin/ceramic dish with parchment paper and then spoon mixture in. Press down firmly so the mixture is well compacted then cover with clingfilm and place in the freezer for a couple of hours.
- Remove from the freezer and cut up into 10-12 bars, then wrap in parchment paper and place in the freezer, ready for your munchies to begin!
- For balls:
Hope you really enjoy these as much as I do, you can shake up the ingredients to include pretty much anything so I can’t wait to see your take on these! If you have any pictures remember to tag @boolovesbaking on Instagram or Twitter.