So I’m here to break the news – risotto isn’t actually that difficult! My healthy Mushroom and Asparagus Risotto is luxurious, quick and I will show you how easy it can be.
100g Arborio rice
250g Chestnut mushrooms
6 Asparagus spears
1 tsp Dried chives
1 tsp Dried thyme
1 tbsp Olive oil
1 Vegetable stock cube
60ml White wine
Shavings of Parmesan
Truffle oil (optional)
- Heat the olive oil in a pan then add the rice, gently cook for 2 minutes whilst moving the rice about the pan to ensure it doesn’t catch
- Finely shred the onion and add to the pan, stir until the onion has softened and the rice is toasted (if you pick out a grain of rice you will see the end of the grain has turned translucent, this means it’s perfect for the next step!)
- Add the chives, thyme, crumbled stock cube and wine to the pan until the liquid has disappeared
- Boil a kettle and chop the chestnut mushrooms into quarters
- Add a little hot water to the mixture along with mushrooms, stir until the liquid disappears before adding a little more water (around 50ml each time)
- Break the ends of the asparagus spears off (if you hold each end in your hand then the spear will naturally break in the right place so the woody end is removed completely) and diagonally slice into 3-4 chunks
- Throw into the pan with another 50ml, stir until the liquid is absorbed and now start tasting the rice before adding more water – usually the mixture will take roughly 300ml of water and the rice should have a slight bite when cooked
How did you get along with this recipe? If you have any pictures remember to tag @boolovesbaking on Instagram or Twitter!
Ho ho ho! Have you entered my CHRISTMAS COMPETITION yet? If not, hurry up as I will be picking the lucky winner of a NutriBullet Graphite blender (perfect for smoothies, shakes, soups and lots more!) on Friday 18th September. CLICK HERE to enter – good luck!