Shortcrust pastry is very versatile that anybody can make it and you can use it in sweet or savoury recipes as basically it’s just flour, butter and water!
Ingredients (makes 450g pastry)
300g Plain flour
150g Unsalted butter (cold)
3-4 tbsp Cold water
Pinch of salt
- Cut the butter up into 1-2cm cubes
- Add the flour and salt to the butter and combine with your fingertips until the pastry mix looks like breadcrumbs
- Then add a tablespoon of water at a time and mix with a metal spoon or pastry knife
- If the pastry looks dry then keep adding the water until the pastry binds together
- Turn out the pastry on clingfilm, wrap and chill for 30 minutes before use
Why not try making my Summer Berry and Cardamom tart? Give it a go and let me know what you think. If you have some pictures remember to tag @boolovesbaking on Instagram!
Subscribe to the blog on the homepage to receive notifications of more recipes and nutritional advice.