In the morning I like to get up and straight out; over the last 10 years breakfast has really suffered unless I prepare something the night before. I’m all for the easy life so this Chai Berry Muffins recipe is absolutely perfect for me because I just need to make one batch a week. Also perfect to replace that naughty snack you always crave mid-afternoon and even your kids will love them.
There are no refined sugars and totally gluten free so this will please everyone from clean eaters to paleo lovers!
Ingredients (Makes 12)
4 tbsp honey
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 large eggs
150ml natural yoghurt
1 mashed banana
100ml apple or pear puree
60ml rapeseed oil
1.5 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1.5 tsp baking powder
50g oats (plus some for sprinkling)
200g buckwheat flour
1 tsp chai powder (or any spice you fancy!)
Handful of mixed seeds
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees
- In a bowl mix together the honey, vanilla extract, eggs, yoghurt, banana, puree and oil
- Then add the bicarbonate of soda, baking powder, oats, buckwheat flour, chai powder and berries (I used raspberries but you can use any and frozen is absolutely fine!)
- Mix thoroughly until the ingredients are evenly combined and then spoon equally into 12 muffin cases
- Sprinkle the oats and mixed seeds over the top of muffins
- Cook in the oven for 25 minutes and then cool on a rack, when cool transfer to an airtight container or freezer
How did you get along with this recipe? If you have any pictures remember to tag @boolovesbaking on Instagram or Twitter!