Sounds too good to be true right? My Carrot Cake Porridge is the morning indulgence with a Winter warmer feel but also clean as a whistle – don’t believe me? Give it a go!
150ml Coconut/Almond milk (no added sugar)
Finely grated Nutmeg
15g Mixed seeds
1.5 tbsp Maple syrup
Pinch of fine Salt
- Grate the carrot finely and add to a pan with oats, milk, spices and 0.5 tsp of maple syrup
- Put the pan on a medium heat, wait for the porridge to bubble and thicken
- Meanwhile in a small pan add the rest of the maple syrup with a pinch of fine salt, wait until it starts to simmer then add the pecans and seeds
- Toss the pecans and seeds until they are covered and the syrup has become stickier
- By now your porridge should have simmered for about 5 minutes and is ready for serving, although at this point check the consistency of your porridge and don’t be afraid to add a splash more milk!
I like to ladle the porridge into a big bowl, top with my mapled pecans, seeds and any scraps of raw carrot on top – perfect…. simple… CLEAN!
How did you get along with this recipe? If you have any pictures remember to tag @boolovesbaking on Instagram.
Happy New Year! This time last year I started my clean eating lifestyle and it has transformed me. I hope you too achieve everything you set out to in 2016 but don’t forget, be realistic and make small sustainable changes – this year is going to be packed with recipes to get your tastebuds going without compromising on your health goals! Subscribe on the homepage to receive instant notifications of my recipes as I post them.