Ingredients (Serves 2)
- Wash the rice under a running tap until the water turns clear (this will remove the excess starch)
- Add the washed rice to boiling water and simmer for 20 minutes
- Chop the carrots into matchsticks, mushrooms in quarters, spring onions into strips lengthways and finely shred the cabbage
- Add 1 tbsp of sesame oil into your wok and bring to a high heat
- Then throw the carrots, cabbage, mushrooms and bamboo shoots into the wok and stir-fry for 5 minutes
- Beat your two eggs into a bowl with a generous handful of fresh chopped coriander with seasoning to taste
- Into the wok add your rice with the hot chilli and soy sauce then fry off for 2 minutes until fully incorporated then throw in your spring onions and turn off the heat
- In a separate frying pan, heat the remaining 1 tbsp of sesame oil and pour in the coriander egg mixture when hot
- Cook for 2 minutes on both side so you have a thin omelette
- Transfer to your chopping board and cut into thin strips
I like to enjoy my stir fry piled into a bowl with the coriander omelette strips piled high on top (and perhaps with some prawn/thai crackers!). This recipe is also really good with any type of egg so you can also try poaching or frying, give it a go and let me know what you think. If you have some pictures remember to tag @boolovesbaking on Instagram!
Subscribe to the blog on the homepage to receive notifications of more recipes and nutritional advice.